Sofia Vergara wore Ruthie DavisEastgate platform sandals to the LA premiere of ‘Machete Kills’ held at Regal Cinemas L.A. Live. They’re from the Spring 2013 collection featuring black patent leather, 5.5″ heel and mint leather sole. We’ve also seen spotted them on Leven Rambin and Gabrielle Union. Eastgate is available online at Amazon.
I wanted to get this post out last week but TIFF kicked my butt. I have such a soft spot for a good strappy shoe and NYFW did not disappoint. Manolo Blahnik had the most collaborations again this season, 20 total.
– Brian Atwood designed his popular Evie open-toe pump in several yummy confectionary colors for Dennis Basso.
– Gio Diev debuted his first collaboration with Sally LaPointe. The pumps were strong & sexy with a high-rise front, slightly padded straps & pinhole closures.
– I hope you like mules…they’re sky-high & sexy as ever. The standout designs were seen down the runway at both Altuzarra and Victoria Beckham.
– Sophia Webster burst onto the scene with her debut collection last year. She has officially hit a whole new level and has already collaborated with J.Crew!
– Cesare Casadei for Prabal Gurung is a brilliant match. This season we saw sexy slingback pumps with several thin straps wrapped around the heel.
– Christian Louboutin for Marchesa‘s fairytale-inspired collection was extra dreamy & romantic with lace-up laser cut suede pumps.
– Marissa Webb was my all-around favorite. Her slightly sporty pumps are wearable (4-4.5″ heel) and have the corset lace-up front which I’m crazy about.
– The super strappy pumps at Narcriso Rodriguez were another stand out, and this black & white snakeskin design is TDF.
Ruthie Davis bubblegum pink Avatar platform pump | 5.5″ heel & 1.5″ platform | available online at Amazon for $698
I first wrote about the Avatar last fall and now Ruthie designed it in a delicious bubblegum color. Check out how they look on the foot as seen on Mena Suvari last year. P.S. – Fit guide says this style runs 1/2 size small.
Black Avatar platform pump | 5.5″ heel & 1.5″ platform | available online at Amazon for $695
Ruthie Davis unveiled her latest design, the Robot at Dennis Basso’s Spring 2011 show at Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week. This is Ruthie’s third season premiering a spring collection design during the Dennis Basso show.
The Robot features Ruthie’s trademark heel, the exposed metal beam separator and clear Lucite at the bottom. The Robot heel is over 5″ and features criss-cross patent straps in metallic, black, bandage, nude, mint and also clear plastic.
I love this futuristic shoe! The Robot is my new favorite Ruthie heel. The Robot will be available in multiple color combinations at Neiman Marcus for Spring 2011 and will retail for $965. If you’re looking to wear Ruthie’s shoes immediately, check out her fall/winter 2010 collection.
Still photos courtesy of Ruthie Davis
Runway shots courtesy of Anthony Mehan
Within the past month we have seen 3 major celebrities wear the Ruthie Davis fierce Spike boot. Lucy Hale wore the boot to the 2010 Teen Choice Choice Awards, Katy Perry wore the boots out in Sydney and Whitney Port wore it to an event at Kitson boutique. Each celebrity is wearing the boot with a different look. Lucy is wearing the boot down the blue carpet, while Katy is wearing it with tights & Whitney is wearing it with a relaxed summer dress.
Who do you think wore the Spike boot the best? Vote below!