This is Katy Perry’s third time being featured on Shoes She Should Have Worn! Katy, pull it together! Can I please be your shoe stylist?! She wore Georges Chakra couture. I love that the embellishment on this dress isn’t pristine or perfect looking. It has a very raw and “unfinished” appeal which I love. I admit that picking out heels for this look wasn’t the easiest however I feel Katy – or her stylist just grabbed the safest heel they could find, the Brian Atwood Maniac. As I’ve said in earlier posts, I love Brian Atwood’s heels and for some looks they are perfect. However I feel stylists and celebrities often use the most popular heel of the season (like the Yves Saint Laurent Tribtoo & Atwood’s Maniac) as a safe choice.
What she wore:
The Brian Atwood Maniac nude patent pumps to the Grammy’s Nomination Concert; these heels are available online at MyTheresa.
Shoes she should have worn:
A gold or black sandal or pump. The shoes for this looks really needs to balance the dress. Either a simple sandal or embellished pump would work.
1. Giuseppe Zanotti glitter pump – There’s no better time than the holidays to get away with wearing glitter pumps. This heels is available online at Endless.
2. Jimmy Choo Grant satin peep toe – The satin texture is perfect and the crystal jeweled detail works with the embellishment on the dress. This pump is available online at Jimmy Choo.
3. Roberto Cavalli suede embellished sandals – The curve on the top of the sandal compliments the v-shaped cut at the top of Katy’s dress. This type of embellishment on the sandal looks like it was made for this dress. This sandal is available online at Roberto Cavalli.
If Katy would have shortened the dress above the knee like the suggestion of the Fashion Critic, (which I think would have looked better too) then she could have worn these:
1. Sergio Rossi Gstaad bootie; available online at Zappos
2. Chloé bow embellished suede pumps