If your Toms shoes are in need of repair, there are a few things you can do to fix them yourself. First, take a look at the heel and see if it is coming undone. If so, you can simply glue it back together with some shoe adhesive.
How to Fix a Hole in Your Toms Shoes?
If you’ve got a hole in your Toms shoes, don’t despair! There are a few easy ways to fix it so that your shoes look good as new.
Before fixing any holes or tears, clean your Toms first. Wipe them clean or use a mild sope and warm water. Dry your shoes completely before repairing them.
One way to fix a hole is to simply sew it up. You can do this by hand or with a sewing machine. If you’re going to sew the hole by hand, be sure to use a strong thread and needle. If you’re using a sewing machine, be sure to use a heavy-duty needle designed for thick fabrics.
Another way to fix a hole in your Toms shoes is to patch it. You can buy fabric patches at most craft stores. Simply cut the patch to size, place it over the hole, and glue it in place.
If you don’t want to sew or glue, you can also try using a shoe repair kit. These kits usually come with everything you need to fix your shoes, including adhesive and patches. You can find them at most shoe stores or online retailers.
If the hole is small, you can just use a fabric glue to glue the hole together.
How to Fix a Tear in Your Toms Shoes?
You can fix the tear the same way as fixing a hole. Use a fabric glue to glue the rip together. Push the ends of the rip together and apply a small amount of glue to the tear. You can use a cotton swab to do it.
Additionally, you may want to use a clamp or a tape to hold the tear together before the glue dries completely, then remove the tape.
If the tear is large, you may want to cut out a piece of fabric and glue it on top of the tear. This is something that most likely will be very noticeable so you may want to add a patch on the other shoe too to make them look identical.
If it’s a small tear, you can also sew it together.
Here are the sewing steps:
1. Thread a needle with a length of thread that is twice the length of the tear.
2. Knot one end of the thread.
3. Insert the needle into the fabric at the end of the tear from inside the shoe.
4. Sew along the tear using a basic stitch. Start from the bottom and work your way up to the top.
5. Knot the other end of the thread when you reach the top of the tear.
Here is a detailed video on how to repair your Toms shoes with a fabric patch:
Toms Shoes Repair: Common Problems and How to Fix Them
Toms shoes are well-known for their comfortable and stylish design. However, like all shoes, they can sometimes experience wear and tear.
Here are some common problems that you may encounter with your Toms shoes, as well as some tips on how to fix them.
1. The heel is coming undone: If the heel of your Toms shoes is coming undone, you can simply glue it back together with some shoe glue.
2. There is a hole in the shoe: If there is a small hole in your Toms shoe, you can use a fabric glue to glue the hole together. For larger holes, you may need to patch the hole with a piece of fabric.
3. The shoe is torn: If the shoe is torn, you can either sew it together or glue it together with a fabric glue.
4. The insole is coming loose: If the insole of your Toms shoes is coming loose, you can simply glue it back into place with some shoe adhesive.
5. If the toe of your shoe is starting to come apart: If the tip of your toe is coming apart, you can also try gluing it back together or stitching it. If that doesn’t work, you may need to replace the entire toe piece.
6. If the sides of the shoe sole crack and start to come away from the rest of the shoe: If this happens, this is a more serious issue. It’s best to take the shoes to a cobbler or shoe repair shop to have them repaired.
7. If your Toms shrink after being washed: Shranken Toms can usually be stretched back out to their original size. Put on a pair of thick socks and wear the shoes around the house for a few hours. This will help them to stretch back out.
Read Also: Do Toms Stretch?
How to Prevent Damage to Toms Shoes?
There are a few things that you can do to prevent damage to your Toms shoes:
1. Be sure to store them in a cool, dry place when you’re not wearing them. This will help to prevent the fabric from drying out and cracking.
2. Avoid walking in wet or muddy conditions whenever possible. If you do get your shoes wet, be sure to let them dry completely before wearing them again.
3. If you notice any signs of wear and tear, be sure to take care of them right away. This will help to prevent further damage and extend the life of your shoes.
4. Clean them regularly with a soft cloth and mild soap. This will help to remove any dirt or salt that could damage the fabric.
5. If you’re not wearing them, keep them in their original box or a dust bag. This will help to protect them from dust and other elements.
6. Let them air out once in awhile if they are stored away in a box or dust bag. This will help to prevent the fabric from becoming musty.
7. Take them to a cobbler or shoe repair shop for any major repairs. This will help to ensure that they are properly repaired and won’t cause further damage to your shoes.
8. Don’t keep them out in the direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time. This can cause the fabric to fade or dry out.
9. Don’t wear them in excessively hot or cold weather. Extreme temperatures can cause the fabric to shrink or expand, which can cause damage to the shoes.
10. Avoid walking on rough or uneven surfaces whenever possible. This can scuff up the soles of your shoes and cause them to wear down more quickly.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent damage to your Toms shoes and extend their lifespan.
Read Also: Are Toms Comfortable Shoes?
Check out this video on how to clean your Toms before the repairs:
Final Words on Toms Repair
Toms shoes are a great investment, but like all shoes, they will eventually need to be repaired. By following the tips above, you can help to prevent damage to your Toms shoes and extend their lifespan.
If you do encounter any problems with your Toms shoes, be sure to take them to a cobbler or shoe repair shop for proper repairs.