The phrase “True to size” means that a shoe’s actual dimensions are the same as the number indicated in its product listing.
If you measured your foot length between the most prominent parts of your toe and heel, the corresponding sizing chart from the manufacturer should tell you the shoe size that fits that length.
Alternative sizing recommendations to “True To Size” would be “Runs small,” which implies that a shoe that comes in your designated size for that model may feel too tight.
“Runs large” implies that the shoe will feel roomier on your foot. Different fits are desirable for different styles of shoes, which is why these recommendations exist. So, are Fila shoes true to size or do they run big or small?
Are Fila Shoes True to Size?
Fila shoes may appear True To Size for some and smaller/larger for others. If you want to buy a fitting pair, these charts should guide you.
Fila Size Chart
Men’s Fila Shoe Size Chart
Fila shoe sizes aren’t standardized. They usually depend on some regions around the world, as shown below.
If referencing European sizes, this table enables you to find the corresponding size when looking for a shoe listing on an American website.
Women’s Fila Shoe Size Chart
Apart from geographic locations, Fila shoe sizes also vary depending on gender. For women’s sizes, the corresponding foot size in different regions are as follows:
How to Measure Your Foot
With the size charts above, the only way to find a fitting shoe is by getting your foot length first. Follow these steps to measure your feet.
- Find a piece of paper that your entire foot can fit on.
- Wear the pair of socks you would typically wear with the style of shoe you are after.
- Stand on the sheet of paper with your heel against a wall.
- Trace around the very tip of your big toe for both feet using a pen or pencil.
- Measure the straight line that runs from the toe marking you just made to the point on the wall that your heel was touching (one foot might be slightly longer than the other, which is normal).
- Write down the longer measurement as this is what you will use.
- If your measurement falls between two values in the inches column, use the higher value.
- Use the conversion charts below to get your foot length’s corresponding Fila shoe size.
Fila Men’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart
|Foot size (cm)||Foot size (Inches)||US||UK||EU|
Fila Women’s Shoe Size Conversion Chart
|Foot size (cm)||Foot size (Inches)||US||UK||EU|
Consider Your Foot Width
You might get a fitting Fila shoe, but it exerts pressure on the sides. Therefore, it is vital to consider your foot width in the measurement process.
Measuring your foot width is a different process. You need a soft, flexible tape measure, similar to what tailors use. If that isn’t available, a piece of string will work just fine. Follow these steps to get your foot width.
- Wrap a tape measure or string around the widest part of your barefoot.
- Place your foot on the ground as if standing.
- Mark the width of your foot on the tape measure or string.
- If you use a string, unwrap it from your foot and use a ruler to measure from the edge to the marked point.
- Use this measurement to determine the shoe width you need by looking it up in the charts below.
There are separate charts for men’s and women’s feet.
Men’s Shoe Width Chart
|US Size||Narrow (C)||Average (D)||Wide (E)|
Women’s Foot Width Chart
|US Size||Narrow (AA)||Average (B)||Wide (C/D)||Extra-Wide (E)|
|5||2 13/16″||3 3/16″||3 9/16″||3 15/16″|
|5.5||2 7/8″||3 1/4″||3 5/8″||4″|
|6||2 15/16″||3 5/16″||3 11/16″||4 1/16″|
|6.5||3″||3 3/8″||3 3/4″||4 1/8″|
|7||3 1/16″||3 7/16″||3 13/16″||4 3/16″|
|7.5||3 1/8″||3 1/2″||3 7/8″||4 1/4″|
|8||3 3/16″||3 9/16″||3 15/16″||4 5/16″|
|8.5||3 1/4″||3 5/8″||4″||4 3/8″|
|9||3 3/8″||3 11/16″||4 1/16″||4 7/16″|
|9.5||3 3/8″||3 3/4″||4 1/8″||4 1/2″|
|10||3 7/16″||3 3/4″||4 3/16″||4 9/16″|
|10.5||3 1/2″||3 7/8″||4 1/4″||4 5/8″|
|11||3 9/16″||3 15/16″||4 5/16″||4 11/16″|
|12||3 11/16″||4 1/16″||4 7/16″||4 13/16″|
How Do You Know if a Fila Shoe is the Right Fit?
To make sure your Fila shoe fits right, consider the following criteria:
- The heel should be locked in and not slip out when you walk, run, or bend your foot.
- The middle part of your foot should feel snug in the shoe but not tight.
- The toe box (the last third of the shoe where your toes rest) should allow for at least a thumb’s width space between your longest toe and the shoe’s front.
- Your toes should be able to spread sideways and rest in their normal positions without pressure. You can try pressing on the front of the shoe to check this.
- Alternatively, try slipping a finger between your heel and the back of the shoe. It should be able to fit snugly.
Read Also: Does New Balance Run Big or Small
Fila Shoe Sizes vs. Popular Shoe Brands
While the tables above explain how to get the proper Fila shoe size fitting, it does not apply to all shoe brands. The critical thing to note is your foot length, then use this measurement (length or cm) to match up with different sizes for each shoe brand.
|Foot measurement(centimeters)||Fila US size||Nike US size||Adidas US size|
As you can see, Fila and Nike shoe sizes are almost identical, while Adidas shoes tend to go half a size up for the exact foot measurement under consideration. Factors like differences in manufacturing processes are some of the causes for these variations.
Therefore, it is always best to consult the sizing chart for the specific manufacturer of the shoes you want.
Do I need to measure my feet every time before buying a pair of Fila shoes?
Measuring once should be enough. You can do it yourself at home when ordering shoes online. But if in a shoe store, get a foot specialist to measure your feet.
Are Fila shoes comfortable?
Yes. The shoes are comfortable, distinct, and add often-desired height.
Do Fila shoes run small?
It depends on the person. That said, some reviews on sites like Amazon indicate they run small.
Should I size up for Fila?
Consider going up a half or even a full size. You’ll be glad you did when you don’t have to worry about blisters.