When you come to think of it, there really are a lot of different shoes out there in the market. Shoes may even be made from different materials. Naturally, each material provides a unique perspective and function to the footwear. For starters, shoes with rubber soles are flexible and waterproof. They can even be used for hazardous environments!
Despite their strength and flexibility, your rubber shoes can still catch some dirt and stains, and due to their unique nature, rubber shoes will require different attention when it comes to taking care of them. But how exactly should you clean these rubber shoes and make them everlasting? Let’s take a closer look below!
WHAT ARE RUBBER SHOES MADE OF?
You might be surprised to hear it, but rubber shoes are made from rubber! However, the entire shoe isn’t made up with rubber as its sole material. Most of the time, you can find the rubber on a shoe’s sole. The “body” part of a rubber shoe might be composed of other material like canvas, suede, leather, and many more. However, there’s a possibility that some rubber shoes can be entirely made up from rubber!
PROPER USE OF RUBBER SHOES
Shoes that are equipped with rubber soles are really awesome. They can be used for different situations in life. One of the most obvious scenarios to use rubber shoes is for sports and exercises. Due to their flexibility and durability, rubber soles will give quite an advantage to an athlete.
Despite the awesome potential that rubber shoes present, we can’t deny the fact that rubber shoes will feel heavier than other sneakers. Therefore, people often turn to rubber shoes when it comes to industrial works, especially in a hazardous environment. When a rubber sole is reinforced, it can withstand corrosive places and provide comfort to its wearer.
BENEFITS FOR WEARING RUBBER SHOES
We have mentioned it before, but in case you missed it, we’ll say it once again: rubber shoes are generally stronger and more durable than normal shoes. Their flexibility will also prove to be a great help, especially for athletes who rely on their feet.
When talking about the benefits of wearing rubber shoes, we shouldn’t avoid bringing up the fact that rubber shoes provide strong grip when it comes into contact with most surfaces, therefore reducing the chance of any slip-ups. After all, rubber soles are slip-resistant. Moreover, they’re oil and water resistant as well!
WHY RUBBER SLIPPERS ARE BETTER THAN WEARING SHOES?
In some cases, we recommend you use rubber slippers rather than wearing conventional shoes. After all, rubber slippers are easy to use. All you need to do is slip your foot inside when you’re going to use it, no need to tie up laces at all! Most rubber slippers are also cheaper than normal shoes, which will be perfect for day-to-day use. This way, you won’t have to worry about getting your precious and expensive shoes dirty.
Rubber slippers are also highly breathable. There is a lot of room for circulation down there, hence comfortability becomes a good talking point when it comes to rubber slippers. Plus, they can also be used for various casual activities. If you’re not attending any formal event, be sure to at least consider wearing rubber slippers instead!
A. NECESSARY CLEANING KITS AND THEIR FUNCTIONS
- ShoeCleaner: A special shoe detergent needed to clean your favorite and precious slippers
- Apron: Not an obligatory item, but it will come in handy when we’re talking about keeping your shirt clean while washing your slippers
- Premium Brush: Used to clean the upper part of your slippers
- Standard Brush: Used to clean your shoe’s outsole section.
- Small Brush or Toothbrush: This type of brush will come in handy when it comes to cleaning the inner part of your slippers that is usually hard to reach.
- Microfiber Cloth: Used to wipe slippers clean from dirt and stains.
- Container/Pan: used to store water that will be mixed with Shoe Perfume in order to generate a certain odor for your rubber shoes.
B. RUBBER SHOES ANATOMY AND THE NECESSARY TOOLS FOR EACH PARTS
- Sole: The tread or bottom section of your rubber shoes. For this part, you can use the Standard Brush. Its strength and sturdy nature will prove to be effective when you’re trying to wipe all the dirt located on the rubber shoe’s sole.
- The upper part of your rubber shoes: The upper part of your shoes, better known as shoe pads. Rubber shoes are made of rubber, which is why you’re going to need a lot of care when cleaning it. That’s the reason why the upper part of rubber shoes or slippers can be cleaned by using the soft and gentle Premium Brush.
C. HOW TO CLEAN RUBBER SHOES?
- Prepare the rubber shoes or slippers that you want to clean: A pair of dirty rubber shoes or slippers that need to be cleaned and freshen up.
- Make sure that all the essential tools and cleaning kits are ready: Prepare the Shoe Cleaner, apron, Premium Brush, standard brush, little brush or toothpaste, microfiber cloth, and a container to store a mixture of water and shoe perfume.
- Wash the rubber shoe’s sole: As mentioned previously, cleaning a rubber shoe’s sole will require the strength of a standard brush. Please use all your strength when cleaning the soles, as they are the dirtiest part of a shoe. You won’t have to worry about damaging the shoe when cleaning the sole. After all, soles are known for their strength and durability. If, for some reason, you can’t seem to shake off the dirt and stains, try to brush it again until they’re clean and fresh again. Once you’re satisfied with the result, proceed to wipe the sole with a microfiber cloth.
- Wash the Upper Part of the Rubber Shoes: To wash the upper part of your rubber shoes, you need to use a Premium Brush. Unlike the rigid and strong sole, the upper part of a rubber shoe or slipper is prone to strong contacts, so make sure to avoid making scratches on the surface. After using the Premium Brush, you can wipe the upper part with a microfiber cloth. If dirt and stains are still spotted, make sure to repeat this step until they’re all eliminated. We do know that some cleaning kits that we’ve mentioned aren’t necessarily easy to find. If you don’t want to buy them, you can just go ahead and wash the rubber shoes while brushing them. Then, clean the rubber shoes by using a microfiber cloth.
- Drying Process: Leave the rubber shoes for some time in front of a fan for around one to two hours. We don’t recommend leaving your rubber shoes in direct contact with the sunlight. Rubber tends to shrink in size when they come into contact with heat. Therefore, there’s a high chance that it won’t fit in your feet!
- Finishing: Once the shoes are dry, you can store them or even use them for your daily activities once more!
D. DO’S AND DON’TS
We believe that our instructions are detailed and concise enough. However, you still might want to read some tips that you can do while cleaning your rubber slippers, while paying attention to some other things that you should avoid below.
- Clean your rubber shoes if they have become too dirty
- Use Premium Brush to clean your shoes. A Premium Brush were specifically made to clean shoes. They can eliminate dirt and stains while preventing damages and scratches to your shoes, so make sure to take that into consideration.
- Use rubber shoes in a relaxed situation.
- Never leave your rubber shoes or slippers under direct contact with the sunlight
- You don’t need to wash them with a laundry machine
- Do not use them in the case of a flood.
What is the best way to clean rubber?
The best way to clean rubber soles in your shoes is by using a Shoe Cleaner. If you don’t own one, you can use a detergent as an alternative. However, some detergents can damage your shoes, so make sure to take note of that.
How to clean rubber shoes with baking soda?
There are a lot of alternatives that you can do to clean your rubber shoes. One homemade ingredient that has been proved to be effective is to use a baking soda
- If you want to clean rubber shoes with baking soda, then you can create a mixture with water.
- Put them both inside a container and stir them both until they have become thick.
- The mixture can then be wiped on the surface of your rubber shoes. Use a brush to help get a better result.
- Make sure that the mixture covers the whole part of your rubber shoes, especially the dirty section.
- Let your shoes for a while before wiping all the mixture clean. The dirt and stains should all be eliminated.
If you still find some stains and dirt left on the rubber shoes, please repeat the steps and use the remnants of the mixture you’ve made.
Important to note: this method is recommended only for cleaning white rubber shoes. We’d suggest trying other methods for non-white shoes. Don’t forget to use a soft brush for this method as well.
How to Clean Rubber Shoes with nail polish remover?
A nail polish remover, or acetone, can be effective at cleaning your rubber shoes. Here’s the guide to use a nail polish remover to clean your rubber shoes correctly:
- Prepare a nail polish remover that you own. Use a cotton ball or cotton bud as well. You can even use a piece of cloth to cover more space when cleaning.
- Soak the cotton ball or cloth inside the acetone.
- Use the cotton ball to clean your rubber shoes. If the acetone on your cotton ball runs out, use a new cotton ball and dip it again inside your nail polish remover.
- Repeat the steps above until you’ve managed to eliminate all the dirt and stains.
The one drawback to using this method is that it won’t work well with shoes that were made with canvas material. If you use acetone for this type of shoes, then it can result in a change of color!
How to Clean Rubber Shoes with Magic Eraser?
Using a Magic Eraser is so easy. You won’t take up much time when using this method.
- Prepare the Magic Eraser.
- Wet the Magic Eraser.
- Before proceeding, try to wipe loose dirt or stains with a soft brush.
- Proceed to clean dirty sections on your shoes by wiping the wet Magic Eraser. If the Magic Eraser has dried up before you have finished cleaning your shoes, then wet them again with clean water.
- Repeat the instructions until you feel that your shoes are clean. Using a Magic Eraser is highly recommended for shoes with leather and rubber material.
Rubber shoes are strong and flexible at the same time, thus making them viable for casual activities. However, you do need to clean them regularly in order to avoid damaging them. Rubber soles can be cleaned with Standard Brush while the upper part of your shoes can be washed away with Premium Brush. Whatever you do, make sure to avoid leaving them under direct contact with the sunlight in order to prevent a change in shape.