Welcome to our tutorial on how to clean white adidas shoes! Whether you’re a runner, a basketball player, or just love wearing stylish sneakers, it’s important to keep your Adidas shoes clean and well-maintained. We’ll go over some easy and effective ways to remove dirt, stains, and odors from your Ultraboost shoes. By following these steps, you’ll be able to extend the life of your shoes and keep them looking fresh and new. So let’s get started!
I. Cleaning Kits To Clean White Adidas Shoes
|Shoe Cleaner||A special solution specifically made to clean your shoes.|
|Apron||Protect your clothes while cleaning your shoes.|
|Premium Brush||Clean the upper area of the shoes.|
|Medium Brush||Clean the midsole area of the shoes.|
|Standard Brush||Clean the insoles area of the shoes,|
|Small Brush or Toothbrush||Clean the hard-to-reach and narrow area of the shoes.|
|Micro Fiber Cloth||Wipe the shoe surface.|
|Shoe Tree||Maintain the shape of the shoes while cleaning.|
|A Washing Bowl||Container used to mix the shoe cleaner with water.|
II. Steps To Clean Your Adidas Shoes
1. Remove the shoelaces from the shoes.
It is necessary to remove the shoe ties from the shoes to reach the spots that are covered by the shoelaces.
To maintain the structure, size, and shape of the tree while washing it, remove the insole and insert the shoetree into the shoes. A gentle reminder, only remove the insole if it is possible, and do not force it.
3. Dry Wash
Before going into the water, gently brush the upper and midsole part using a premium brush to clear out all the dust and dirt that is on the shoes.
4. Wash the Outsole and the Midsole
When washing the outsole with a standard brush, use more force and energy because as mentioned above, the outsole is the dirtiest part of a sneaker, so put your mind and soul into it.
Next, the Midsole, use a medium brush for the midsole, this is the tricky part of the sneaker, you need a lot of patience and diligence in cleaning the Midsole properly because there will usually be a lot of subtle stains and dirt that is so stubborn to go in the Midsole.
5. Wash the Inner and the Outer of the Upper Part
Use a premium brush to clean the upper part of the shoes to minimize scratches on the upper part of the shoes. And please be gentle when scrubbing the upper part of a shoe to not damage the material of the shoe. Then use a microfiber cloth and press it gently of the surface of the shoes to absorb the excess water.
You can use the toothbrush to reach the inside part of the shoe where it is not reachable by the brushes, then also finish it with the microfiber cloth to remove excess water.
You can also attempt to clean the inside of your shoe with a premium brush but I recommend you to be gentle and not ruin the material of the shoe.
To clean dirty shoe details such as the midsole or outsole, use a damp microfiber cloth. To clean the shoelaces, mix a small amount of shoe cleaner with water in a bowl. Soak the shoelaces in the mixture for a few minutes, then wash them by hand. Wring out the excess water, and dry the shoelaces with a microfiber cloth.
7. Drying Process
To dry your shoes, try using a fan or placing them in a cool, dry room. Avoid drying them in the sun as this can harm the glue and color of the shoes.
III. How to Clean Any Types of Adidas Shoes
1. Leather Shoes
There are two most recommended items that you can use to clean your white leather Adidas shoes. Based on my deep understanding of the different materials used in shoes, I learned about the best methods to clean white leather shoes effectively. The two items are a leather cleaner and a white shoe polish. Here is the detailed guide on how you can make your white leather Adidas clean again.
Leather cleaner is a unique product, and it’s really helpful if you want to make cleaning your leather shoes easily. Here’s how:
- Grab a clean micro fiber cloth or a soft-bristled brush.
- Squirt a small dollop of leather on a soft-bristled brush or cloth, and gently wipe the surface of the white leathers with the bristles.
- Work the cleaner into the leather by moving the brush back and forth as if you are brushing your shoes.
- Continue brushing until the dirty leather is back to it’s best form.
After a while, your white leather Adidas might be yellowing, and it’s a pretty common for white shoes. But it was proven by shoe cleaning experts that a white shoe polish is a great solution to return your white leather shoes back to their former glory. Let’s find out how to do it!
- Apply the white polish cream using a micro fiber cloth to your white leather Adidas shoes.
- Allow the shoes cream time to dry fro about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Buff off with a clean cloth, and see how a simple step can clean your white leather shoes effectively.
- Repeat the steps in some stains still remain.
2. Suede Shoes
- Prepare the suede brush and suede cleaning solution, and put a small amount of the solution on a micro fiber cloth and dab it into the stain.
- Scrub with rapid side-to-side motion, then allow the spot to dry. Suede brush is a recommended tool to restore the nap and remove dirt completely from your suede Adidas shoes.
- Use a suede brush to gently brush away stains. Brush in one direction so your shoes keeps it’s smooth appearance.
- Grab your suede eraser and run it over deep stains on your shoes. It’s a tool specifically made to gently lifting stains and dirt from the shoes.
- After using the suede eraser, grab the suede brush again and begin to use it to smooth out and bring the shine back into your shoes.
3. Stan Smith Shoes
One way to clean white Adidas shoes Stan Smith sneakers is to utilize a small toothbrush. While it can be challenging due to the many crevices and it may not be possible to reach all of them, it is worth attempting to clean as much as possible. I’ve assembled the best way to clean your Adidas Stan Smith Sneakers and here’s how:
- Gather a toothbrush, dish soap or gentle laundry detergent, a bowl of water, a washcloth, and a towel.
- First, mix the soap into the bowl of water, making sure it is at room temperature.
- Following that, thoroughly scrub the soles of your shoes by dipping the washcloth into the soapy water. Alternatively, if the bowl is large enough, you can dip the soles of your shoes into the soap and water. Please do not fully submerge the shoes.
- Let them soak for a few minutes while holding them. After scrubbing with the washcloth, use the toothbrush to get into smaller areas. If there is any gum stuck on the soles, Famous Footwear recommends freezing the shoes and then using a knife to scrape off the hardened gum.
- After cleaning, it is important to dry the soles with a towel or paper towels. This process should be repeated every few weeks or as needed when the soles become dirty again. While owning white sneakers requires regular cleaning, the end result of clean soles will make it worth the effort.
4. Cloudfoam Shoes
When starting to clean white Adidas Cloudfoam Shoes, you can take the Cloudfoam footbeds out from your Adidas Sneakers if possible, then take a mixed solution of dish soap and water and apply it gently with a cloth.
Be careful not to rub the material too hard. After allowing the solution to sit for a minute, gently wipe it off with a wet microfiber cloth and then dry it with a dry microfiber cloth. Remember not to soak the Cloudfoam footbeds, as they can easily be damaged by excessive water.
IV. How To Wash Your Adidas Shoes In A Washing Machine?
If you want to wash your Adidas shoes in a washing machine, it’s important to note that not all Adidas shoes are suitable for washing machine cleaning. It’s best to wash your shoes by hand if they’re from delicate materials or have unique features that a washing machine might damage. However, a washing machine can be a practical and efficient choice if your shoes are made of a sturdy material and need to be thoroughly cleaned.. Just follow these simple steps to get your Adidas shoes looking fresh and clean!
- First, remove the insoles and shoelaces from the shoes and wash them separately.
- Next, set the washing machine to a gentle cycle with cold water and add a small amount of mild detergent.
- Place the shoes in a mesh laundry bag or pillowcase to protect them during the wash. You can also toss some old towels to prevent the shoes from banging on the walls of the washing machine.
- After the cycle is complete, always air dry and avoid exposing them to direct heat or sunlight for it may shrink the size of the shoes.
- it is also important to check the care instructions on the shoes before washing, as some styles may not be suitable for machine washing.
- Overall, washing Adidas shoes in the washing machine can be a convenient way to clean and refresh them, as long as it is done with care.
V. Cleaning Solution for 8 Specific Stains on White Adidas
1. Mud and Dirt
Sometimes it’s just impossible to keep your Adidas shoes clean when the weather is not too friendly. They can attract mud and dirt while in use, which is why we think that it’s important for you to know the right way to remove mud and dirt from the shoes. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to do it based on my extensive knowledge and practical expertise in shoe cleaning.
- Apply a modest amount of white vinegar to a clean, soft microfiber cloth.
- Dab the vinegar on the stain and ensure the whole stained area is treated with the vinegar.
- Grab a cleaning brush and use it to brush the stain again.
- And you’re done. By now you will see that the stain is removed from your white Adidas shoes.
2. Grass Stains
The best solution to clean grass stains from white Adidas shoes is white vinegar. It is known as a great cleaning solution for many items, and it comes as the best cleaner for your shoes of any kind as well. Here’s how you remove grass stains from your white shoes:
- Create a shoe cleaning solution of white vinegar mixed with water. Pour one-third of a cup of white vinegar into a container and add two-thirds of a cup warm water.
- Dip a toothbrush into the solution and scrub the grass stained areas of your shoes.
- Wipe off the shoes using a damped cloth to remove the vinegar solution from the surface, leaving the shoes clean and free of stains.
- Rinse the soles with water and repeat the process if the stains still remain.
3. Coffee and Tea Spills
Based on what I have consulted with experts in the field of shoe cleaning, it’s actually not that difficult to remove coffee or tea spills from any kind of shoes, including white Adidas shoes. But it can be a bit tricky, unless you know how to do it properly. Below I will share with the step-by-step guide on how to do it.
- Wet the stained area on the shoes until it damp.
- Stuff the shoes with shoe trees to make sure the shape remains.
- Mix water and some dish soap in a bowl to create a soapy solution.
- Use a cloth to gently rub the stain with the soapy solution.
- Pat the shoes using a damp micro fiber cloth.
- Leave your white Adidas shoes to air dry in a well-ventilated area.
4. Ink Marks
Ink stain is truly one of the most avoided stains on anything, including shoes and especially, your dearest white Adidas shoes. But worry not, because based on a credible research and based on my personal experience as well, ink stains can be removed using the following method:
- Use rubbing alcohol or acetone on a white microfiber cloth.
- Gently rub the ink stain and be sure to spot tests a small area first to ensure the solvent does not discolor or damage your white Adidas shoes.
- Once you are sure the alcohol does not damage the shoes, then continue by gently rubbing the stained area until the stain is completely gone.
5. Blood Stains
If you work in places that might include interactions with blood, like a medical practitioner for example, then you might find your white Adidas shoes got some blood stains on them. It’s not going to be an issue because below I will be sharing with you my personal advice on how to remove blood stains from your shoes. This recommendation is also based on the most chosen methods used by professional shoe cleaners.
- Wet the blood stains on your white Adidas shoes slightly with warm water.
- Apply hydrogen peroxide to the corner of a clean cloth.
- Rub the blood stains with the damp cloth in a tight, circular motion. You can also used a toothbrush for extra power.
- Continue adding hydrogen peroxide and gently scrubbing until the blood stains are completely gone.
- Lastly, rinse any remaining hydrogen peroxide off the shoes with clean water.
6. Sauce Stains
- Wipe away excess sauce with a paper towel and do it lighly to prevent working any more sauce into the shoes.
- Dampen a cloth with water and cover a corner with liquid laundry soap.
- Blot at the stains with the liquid laundry soap, and star at the outside edge of the affected area, and work your way toward the center to avoid spreading the stain.
- Continue to dab at the stain until it is almost removed completely.
- You can create a mixture of water and 2 table spoon of oxygen bleach.
- Soak the shoes in the solution for 10 minutes. Then, remove the shoes and scrub the affected area using a toothbrush.
- Rinse the shoes with cool water and let them air dry or stuff a shoe tree inside each shoe to help the shoes maintain their form.
7. Scuff Marks
Scuff marks are some of the common stains that we can easily have on our shoes. If there are some scuff marks on your white Adidas shoes, check out the following tips on how to remove them effectively:
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste to a clean micro fiber cloth.
- Use the damp cloth to polish the scuff marks on your shoes.
- You can also use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to brush the scuff marks to give extra power to clean stubborn marks.
- Use a second damp cloth to wipe away the marks and remaining toothpaste from the shoes.
- Allow the shoes to air dry.
8. Sweat and Oil Stains
Sweat and oil stains can leave an unpleasant mark on your white shoes, so it is best to clean them immediately before the stains become solid and become even more difficult to remove. You can use cornstarch or baking soda to remove sweat and oil stains from your white Adidas shoes by following the cleaning guide below.
- Cover the stain with a large amount of cornstarch for at least 1 hour.
- Spread through the cornstarch to hide the stain from view. You can’t use too much of it, so there is no need to hold back.
- If you are running out of cornstarch, you can also use baking soda or talcum powder.
- Remove the cornstarch from the stained area with a damped microfiber cloth.
- Scrub the stain with a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to remove any of the oil left behind after you removed the powder.
VI. Do’s And Don’ts
- Remember to be gentle when scrubbing your sneakers.
- Premium brushes are only used to scrub the upper part and not the rough part of the sneakers.
- Always dry scrub your sneakers before applying water to them.
- Dry the sneakers with a fan.
- Avoid using rough brushing techniques as they can harm the shoe material.
- Do not use paper towels for the upper part of your sneakers.
- Do not dry your sneakers in a damp environment.
VII. Shoe Care Tips
- Do not store your sneakers in a cold and damp environment.
- Use a smooth and premium brush to clean the upper part of your shoes
- Understand and pay attention to the material of your sneakers
- Use damp paper towels for detailing the last detail of your washing routine.
You might also like:
- Do Adidas Run Big, Small or True to Size?
- Do Converse Run Big or Small or True To Size?
- What Color Shoes to Wear With a Green Dress
- Where Are Adidas Shoes Made?
- 35 Shoes That Make You Taller
1. Why do white shoes turn yellow after a wash?
Dirt, Sun, and Detergent are usually why white shoes turn yellow after a wash, We all have a pair (or more) of white shoes that turned yellow in our shoe closet somewhere, do we? Sometimes I wonder what happened to them. But after all the tests I’ve done, today I will unravel some of the reasons why:
- Exposure to Certain Elements
Exposure to the elements can lead to chemical reactions that can cause white shoes to turn yellow. One way to prevent this is by properly soaking the shoes before exposing them to the sun and wrapping them in tissues to protect the color.
Additionally, prolonged wear and the accumulation of sweat and dirt can also result in yellow marks on the shoes. To avoid this, it is important to properly wash and clean the shoes to remove all stains.
- The Sole
The sole is the part of your shoes that is most prone to getting dirty. This is because it is the most used part of the shoe and is often in contact with the ground. When you wash your shoes, it is possible that some dirt particles may remain in the shoes, causing them to turn yellow as they dry.
Regular laundry detergents may not be suitable for shoe construction and may leave a residue that causes yellowing. It is best to use a detergent designed specifically for cleaning shoes to avoid the aforementioned issues.
2. How do you make Adidas shoes white again?
These are the top 3 methods you can try to make Adidas Shoes white again, there are a lot of ways that I’ve tried to remove yellow stains from your shoes, and also the good news is, the substances used are usually available in every household. The top 3 ingredients are toothpaste, baking soda, and bleach.
- Toothpaste: Wet your shoes and apply toothpaste to the stained areas. Use a toothbrush to scrub the dirty areas until they are clean. Be sure to rinse off all toothpaste before drying your shoes. Toothpaste contains peroxide, a bleaching agent that works against stains.
- Baking soda: Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with three tablespoons of water to create a thick paste. Apply the paste to your shoes and let it sit for about five minutes. Rub the stains off with a sponge or toothbrush until all traces of dirt and stains disappear. Rinse your shoes and allow them to air dry in a well-ventilated area. Baking soda is an effective and natural cleaning agent, making it a good option for eco-conscious individuals.
- Bleach: Household bleach can effectively remove yellow stains from shoe parts made from rubber and synthetic materials. Apply bleach to your shoes and brush gently until clean, using a toothbrush or sponge. Once the dirt and stains come off, rinse thoroughly with water and allow your shoes to air dry in an open area. Remember to use gloves when using bleach, as it can be harmful to your skin.
3. What removes yellow stain of white shoes?
Toothpaste, Vinegar, Bleach, and Hydrogen Peroxide are the most common ingredients that removes yellow stain of white shoes. There are lots and lots of ingredients that are claimed to be the most effective to remove yellow stains from your beloved white shoes, even lemon juices! I recommend you try using your most trusted brand of Shoecleaner because they will have a mixture of ingredients in their solution, to remove the yellow stains effortlessly.
4. Can you use bleach on white Adidas shoes?
I do not recommend to use bleach on white Adidas shoes as it can damage the material and weaken the structure of the shoes. Bleach is most effective for rubber and synthetic materials. Instead, it is best to use a mild detergent and a soft-bristled brush to clean the shoes. If the shoes are particularly dirty or have stains, you can use a small amount of bleach mixed with water as a spot treatment, but be sure to rinse the shoes thoroughly afterward to remove any excess bleach.
5. Can you clean Adidas with magic eraser?
Yes, you can clean Adidas with a Magic Eraser, but it is not recommended. Magic Erasers are abrasive and could potentially damage the surface of the shoes. For cleaning Adidas shoes, it’s best to use a mild cleaner made especially for sneakers or a soft, damp cloth.
To clean your white leather shoes without using harsh chemicals, try using baking soda and vinegar or micellar water. Alternatively, a magic eraser can be used as your last resort to gently remove stains from the surface of the shoes.
Latest Post :
- Do Adidas Run Big, Small or True to Size?
- What Size Shoes Do 1 Year Olds Wear Worldwide?
- How to Walk Without Creasing Shoes: 10++ Tips and Tricks
- What Does GS Mean in Shoes (Also TD, PS & BG)?
- Unveiling the Truth: What’s the Real Average Shoe Size for Men?
6. How do you dry white shoes without turning yellow?
To dry white shoes without turning yellow is an easy task. Rinse the sneakers in water, then cover them with toilet paper while they are still wet. Then places them in the sun to dry. The outcome is impressive – the sneakers are restored to a bright white color without any yellowing. This technique also works on colored sneakers and running shoes.
There are countless ways how to clean white adidas shoes, but there are a few things to keep in mind, like not soaking the cloudfoam footbeds and cleaning your Superstar Sneakers thoroughly. Whichever one you please, just remember to do it while also having fun!